NUVANT® Mobile Cardiac Telemetry (MCT) System
The NUVANT Mobile Cardiac Telemetry System was designed as a patient-friendly solution for comprehensive detection and analysis of cardiac arrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation. NUVANT MCT provides up to thirty days of continuous surveillance of symptomatic and asymptomatic cardiac abnormalities to help physicians diagnose and treat cardiac arrhythmias*.
Patients are continually monitored via PiiX®, an unobtrusive, water-resistant, wearable device designed for patient compliance and comfort. Automatic triggers capture ECGs for asymptomatic arrhythmias, while symptomatic patients can activate the PiiX manually to record an ECG. When either an arrhythmia is detected or when a patient manually drives ECG collection, the PiiX device automatically transmits the information via a wireless data transmitter device called zLink® to the Corventis Monitoring Center.
Certified cardiographic technicians at the Corventis Monitoring Center review received data and document symptoms reported by patients. Clinical reports, prepared by the Corventis Monitoring Center, are delivered and made available at www.corventis.com (within and after the monitoring period) to provide data to prescribing physicians for the diagnosis and identification of various clinical conditions, events and/or trends. Prescribing physicians may also be contacted by the Corventis Monitoring Center directly when arrhythmias that meet pre-defined criteria are detected.
Key Benefits for Patients
The NUVANT MCT System is designed to support ease of use:
- No leads or wires on the PiiX wearable device, enabling excellent patient mobility and comfort
- Automatic data collection and transmission
- No need for PiiX device removal when sleeping or showering
Key Benefits for Physicians
The NUVANT MCT System is designed to support high diagnostic yield:
- Patient-friendly design for increased compliance (without placing restrictions on patient activities) to ensure effective arrhythmia detection, data collection and transmission for physician review
- Automatic ECG collection for asymptomatic arrhythmias and patient-activated ECG collection to document symptomatic episodes
- Access to clinical information during the monitoring period (via fax, email or on www.corventis.com) to provide awareness of monitoring progress and to enable early intervention, when necessary
For more information about the NUVANT Mobile Cardiac Telemetry System, please contact Corventis Customer Service.
*The System is indicated for those patients who require monitoring for the detection of non-lethal cardiac arrhythmias. Please refer to the NUVANT MCT Instructions for Use document for full prescribing information.